The Engineering and Construction business is handled by the Engineering Divisions Group.
In the Engineering Divisions Group, Oil & Gas Business Unit I (OGB Unit), which is a sub-division of Energy Facilities, Civil Engineering & marine Construction is handling project management, engineering, procurement and construction of oil & gas related projects including offshore platforms and pipelines.
Oil & Gas Business Unit I is supported by, and closely works with NSEC’s other divisions including steel manufacturing organization.
2. Oil & Gas Business Unit I (OGB Unit)
OGB Unit has its division headquarter in Japan.
The Division is vested with all the resources required to handle the oil & gas projects. NSEC’s Derrick & Lay Barges “KUROSHIO” and “KUROSHIO-II” are operated by the Division and the following NSEC’s subsidiaries are also under the full control of the Division:
• PT. Nippon Steel Batam Offshore Service (NS Batam), Indonesia – Fabrication yard in Batam.
• PT. Nippon Steel Construction Indonesia (NISCONI), Indonesia – Indonesian operating arm for Oil / Gas Projects.
• Thai Nippon Steel Engineering & Construction Corp. Ltd (TNS), Thailand – Fabrication yard in Thailand.
• Nippon Steel Construction Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (NISCOMA), Malaysia – Malaysian operating arm for Oil / Gas Projects.